One Of The Most Ignored, Misunderstood, Overlooked And Undiagnosed Hormonal Imbalances In Western Women Today, Is Burnout. But… What is Burnout Exactly And What Can or Must You Do About it?
Burnout is the colloquial term for the hormonal disorder known as adrenal dysfunction or HPA dysfunction (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction).
In burnout, the normal activity between the hypothalamus and pituitary gland (in the brain) and the adrenals glands (that sit on top of the kidneys on the mid-back), becomes dysfunctional due to chronic, unmanaged, high STRESS to the body and to the mind.
When it comes to BURNOUT, there are two main problems to address:
- Too many people live highly stressful lives and they no longer know whether such stress is part of living and thus "normal", or whether it is something that is not normal that needs to be fixed. Without this awareness of the boundaries between normal and abnormal stress, they simply keep going in spite of all the signs and red flags that their exhausted bodies keep sending them but that they ignore, and this, until the total collapse of their whole system which manifests as things like major viral or other infections, to depression, or even to the onset of autoimmune disorders or other serious health problems.
- And the second problem to address in BURNOUT, is that the main symptom which is “fatigue” is not a symptom that the conventional practitioners and conventional doctors are trained to understand or even treat, so these people are sent back home with either the wrong treatment (usually a prescription of anti-depressants) or with no treatment at all. In way too many occasions I have seen cases of both men and women being sent back home by their doctors with the recommendation to “rest” and “sleep” more, regardless of the undeniable fact that it is precisely resting and sleeping that a burned-out person finds difficult to achieve no matter how hard they try.
In BURNOUT the HPA axis (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis) has become dysfunctional and the nervous system shifts towards a constant “fight & flight” mode, which is a state of high adrenaline and cortisol levels, both hormones that keep people on a "wired" and "hyper-alert" physical and mental state all the time. These people find it extremely difficult-to-practically-impossible to revert back to a balanced state where resting, digesting, sleeping at night, and relaxing are natural and easy things to do and rather find themselves struggling with the manifestations of their tension as things like a tense body (the muscles are contracted all the time), anxiety (the mind is tense and there is an excess in fears and doubts), hyperactivity of the mind, shallow breathing, the need for more comfort foods, the need for relaxants (smoking, drinking, anxiolytics, coffee, etc.), and the need for energy boosters like more coffee than usual, Red Bull, sports drinks, sugar in foods, etc.
LET ME ASK YOU...
Are you fatigued? Do you feel depleted? Do you find that raising your kids, working a full-time job, trying to keep up with family and friends, focusing on being the perfect parent-indivdual-professional, and desperately doing your best to stay fit and healthy with gym work or gym classes and diet, has all taken a toll on your energy levels, sleep, mood, mental health, and overall health & wellness?
If this is the case, and you have been experiencing the following symptoms, BURNOUT must be seriously considered and treated appropriately:
- Getting up from bed in the morning has become a rather painful and feared experience
- You feel exhausted all day and need more food more often to boost your energy levels
- You cannot start the day without coffee
- You crave comfort foods, but also crisps and savoury snacks with a lot of salt
- Funny enough, you feel energized later in the evening after dinner, which makes it difficult to unwind for sleep
- Your sleep is interrupted, superficial, shorter, unrefreshing
- Exercise is difficult. Your body is less strong, less agile as before. There’s little energy left in your body for this type of activities, anyway
- You feel depressed, anxious, irritable, and even desperate
- You have started storing fat around the midsection and losing the excess seems like mission impossible
- You have low blood pressure and abnormal glucose levels
- You have eye bags and/or dark circles under the eyes, more wrinkles on your face, less muscle mass in your body in general but mainly in your arms, buttocks, thighs and legs
- Nothing seems like it was before. You find it extremely difficult to go through your day. Everything requires a greater effort and you simply feel exhausted and incapable of coping with the simplest tasks like picking up the mess, cooking, planning meals, getting dressed, driving, etc.
Ok, I have good news for you: BURNOUT is REVERSIBLE! As long as you work with the right practitioner and follow the right program, BURNOUT can be reversed and you can CLAIM YOUR LIFE BACK!
I CAN HELP YOU REVERSE YOUR BURNOUT AND CLAIM YOUR LIFE BACK!
ONLINE CONSULTATIONS FOR MEN AND WOMEN WORLD-WIDE
I offer online consultations (telemedicine) and can order the right functional lab tests for you locally in the UK, the US, and Australia.
Please note that I don't work with health insurances as they don't tend to cover for functional medicine services and lab tests, unless you have one that does, of course.
Please get in touch and send me your query.
THE QUANTUM LEAP HEALTH PROGRAM FOR WOMEN ONLINE
My 12 week program is designed especially for WOMEN WITH BURNOUT that have consulted conventionally trained doctors and other practitioners who failed to offer them the right diagnosis and the right treatment not only for their unrelentless fatigue, but also for the multiple health problems related to BURNOUT like gut issues that include SIBO, IBS, Candida and yeast infections, etc: loss of libido, poor sleep, suppression of the immune system, malnutrition, sex hormone imbalance, and hypothyroidism, among the main and most common ones.
BURNOUT is a state of abnormal cortisol levels that ultimately disrupts the functioning of your ovaries and of your thyroid gland leading to other major hormonal imbalances . This hormonal dysregulation caused by BURNOUT will ultimately amplify the natural loss in sex hormones that occurs with perimenopause and menopause. As a matter of fact, if you’re a very tired woman in your thirties or beyond, your burnout will further disrupt and worsen your perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms, and your health will suffer a really bad blow, unless of course, you do something of value about it and as early into your first symptoms as possible.
BURNOUT is not something that you reverse in weeks, or with pharmaceutical drugs (with the exception of severe adrenal dysfunction in very extreme cases that require a short therapy with cortisol hormone), or by sleeping on the weekends, or by going abroad on a one week vacation. BURNOUT requires very precise functional lab testing that begin with a Comprehensive Adrenal Stress Profile (saliva), and that may need to include supporting tests like a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (stool), a DNA and epigenetics test to check for methylation genes and other genes (saliva swab)s; and a Female Hormonal Panel (blood) to better understand the interconnections within the body and be able to solve the puzzle of energy production-adrenal dysregulation-ensuing thyroid dysfunction – general systemic collapse- concomitant hormonal imbalances-and issues with the gut-brain-connection, faster.
This program offers you both my personal support via meetings on a 1-2-1 with you online, and a variety of videos (that you keep for life) containing precious information on how to eat, how to prepare your foods, how to exercise, and other for you to solve your health issues with the help of four amazing tools:
- Kundalini Yoga
- Nutritional Therapy
- Functional Medicine
- Siddha Yoga